Following a great workout at Body Pump today, our friend Andrea joined us for homemade pizza. We made our signature margherita pizza and tried a new pizza tonight: Chicken BBQ pizza. It was a hit! Thanks Andrea for the suggestion!
Chicken BBQ Pizza
- Pre-made/ready to use thin pizza crust (or make your own: see below)
- BBQ sauce – as needed
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ¼ cup banana peppers, diced
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-3 Tablespoons crumbled bacon pieces
- (can use bacon bits if in a hurry)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat pizza stone (if you have one) in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Spread BBQ sauce on the pizza crust.
- Add diced chicken, onions, and banana peppers.
- Top with mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.
- Add bacon on top of cheese – this will make the bacon crispier than if under the cheese.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes.
Bake for about 15 minutes. Check after 10 minutes and add time as needed depending on your oven.