This was my first attempt at recreating a delicious smoothie I had at the Ecopolitan Restaurant in Minneapolis, MN. I like to try the more exotic smoothie recipes and am always looking for something new and interesting to try. This is seriously sooo good. I’m considering making it again tomorrow! Here is my recipe:
Update: I changed some things about this smoothie to make it carb-protein-fat balanced. It is still as delicious, but it also is allergen-free for those of us struggling with allergies or trying to figure out if we are allergic by doing an elimination diet.
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup carrot juice
- 1/2 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract (or pure vanilla extract for allergen-free)
- 1 scoop Ultimate Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder
- Crushed ice as needed
- Break banana into pieces and place in blender.
- Add carrot juice, coconut milk, lemon juice, extract, and ginger.
- Top with protein powder, followed by crushed ice.