After a long day at the beach, the last thing I wanted to do tonight was cook, but thankfully I placed this recipe on the menu. It is so easy and delicious! We added corn on the cob as our side and it was a perfect fit.
Green Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce (we use classico)
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- Handful fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta (or goat) cheese
- olive oil, butter, or cooking spray for cooking
- Preheat sauce pan over medium heat.
- Spread pesto on both slices of bread.
- Add a slice of provolone to each slice.
- Add baby spinach to one side.
- Add sliced avocado and crumbled feta to other slice.
- Combine both sides and if using cooking spray, spray exposed sides of bread slices.
- Toast in the preheated saucepan – cooking both sides.