I think it’s really funny that I thought of making a Reuben Pizza before I had even had a Reuben Sandwich. However, I had extra sauerkraut in my fridge from making another pizza so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to try something different. We invited a few friends over (well actually most of them invited themselves! but I’m ok with that) to share in our pizza-making.
- Pizza dough (we use a thin crust pre-packaged crust when tight on time)
- 3-4 Tablespoons Lite Thousand Island Dressing (we use Hy-Vee brand, but Wishbone also makes a decent dressing) You can also make your own dressing here (mayonnaise, ketchup, pickle relish, salt and pepper).
- 1 cup Chopped corned beef (we asked our local grocery store deli to slice us a large piece to dice ourselves)
- 1 cup canned sauerkraut
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 Degrees F.
- Preheat pizza stone for 15 minutes (if you have one)
- Spread dressing on pizza dough/crust
- Add corned beef
- Add sauerkraut
- Top with swiss cheese
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes. It’s done when the cheese and sauerkraut begin to brown. The sauerkraut is really tasty when it is slightly crunchy and pops through the cheese!