This recipe is so easy, it’s ridiculous. It’s also very delicious, so make it tonight. You probably already have all the necessary ingredients. We made just the chicken from the recipe link and served it with the Spinach and Tomato Salad also posted on this page.
- 1 Tablespoon EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil)
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 Tablespoons panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce (we use Classico’s Caramelized Onion and Roasted Garlic)
- 1/3 container Sun-dried tomato pesto (we use Classico)
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 2 Tablespoons shredded mozzarella
- Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- As the oil is heating, pound the chicken to 1/4 inch thickness, the sprinkle with breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. pressing so the crumbs stick.
- Place in the pan with the garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes per side. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese and let melt.
- Heat the marinara and pesto together in a small sauce pan, covered.
- Top chicken with marinara.