When I was a child, my mother used to make these as an afternoon snack after school. They are so good, it was hard to only eat a few. Luckily, they freeze quite well and taste great slightly frozen, so I recommend taking advantage of the freezer for at least half the batch.
Peanut Butter Balls
- 1 jar (1 pound) crunchy peanut butter (I use Smucker’s Natural) I do request avoiding Jiff, Peter Pan or Skippy as I believe these to be an embarrassment to real, delicious peanut butter.
- 3/4 cup milk powder (I used Carnation)
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons baked wheat germ (optional)
- Shredded carrots (optional)
- Oats (optional)
Directions: Mix the peanut butter together as the oils will natural separate. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Roll into tablespoon-sized balls in the palm of your hands. Roll in a small bowl of extra milk powder to prevent sticking. Store in the fridge and/or freezer.