In two words, this recipe is: EASY and DELICIOUS. Often, this is a back-up recipe for the nights that we really don’t feel like cooking. I spent the afternoon furnishing my new office as a professional counselor (visit my website!)
Brown Butter Ravioli
- 1 package ravioli (mushroom preferred)
- 3 tablespoons butter (cut into small pieces)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 handfuls (about 1/4 cup) grated Parmesan, Romano, or Asiago cheese
- 2 handfuls (about 1/4 cup) flat-leaf parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1 package (dry) sun-dried tomatoes (or 2 diced roma tomatoes)
- 1/2 bag frozen peas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt water and add ravioli. Cook as directed on package.
- To a cold skillet, add butter and turn on moderate heat. Let butter brown. If you start with a cold pan, the butter should be lightly browned by the time it comes to a bubble. When the butter has browned, add cooked ravioli to the pan and stir to heat through. Add balsamic vinegar to the pan, and cook 1-2 minutes longer to reduce the vinegar and glaze the ravioli. The vinegar will become thick and syrupy.
- Heat peas on the side and add with sun-dried tomatoes at the end.
- Add cheese, parsley, salt and pepper to the pan and remove the pan from the heat. Top with additional cheese, if desired.