It’s a Sunday afternoon and I’m adding to my blog while Carlos is cleaning. Funny how that works! 🙂 I’ve been meaning to add this recipe for some time now, but have been lazy. Sorry. What’s nice about this recipe, is that it can be eaten alone, as a salsa with chips, as a topping for a sandwich or burger, or used to top a bed of lettuce/greens. It is also extremely flexible. Various ingredients can be added or taken out without changing a lot of the flavor. Adjust the recipe as needed to fit your likes and dislikes.
Black Bean and Avocado Salad
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 ½ Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon jalapeno, chopped (add more if you like the spice)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 avocado, diced (Note: It is best if the avocado isn’t completely ripe so the diced pieces don’t become too mushy.)
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar (add more to taste if needed)
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix.
- If you need more flavor, add a little Italian dressing as needed.