It’s Labor Day weekend and it’s time to start making snacks to share at my brother’s for a grill-out. Carlos is busy cleaning the apartment for our house guests this weekend, so I am in charge of getting the food read… which I really don’t mind!
White Bean Dip
- 2 15 ounce cans cannellini beans (white kidney beans)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup reserved bean juice
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Rinse and drain cannellini beans, reserving bean juice from the cans.
- Combine beans, ½ cup bean juice, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper to food processor.
- Puree until smooth. Add more bean juice, salt and pepper as needed for flavor and desired consistency.
We are bringing tortilla chips for dipping, although carrots or bell peppers would also taste delicious.