Good news! My internet now works at my office. AND my chair is finally here. It is a good day! Unfortunately, Carlos is stuck at work until almost 8 p.m,. tonight, so it is me, myself, and I making dinner tonight.
Sesame Soy Noodles with Broccoli and Peppers
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli, chopped or 1 bag frozen broccoli florets, steamed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 6-8 oz. thin spaghetti or angel hair whole wheat pasta
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Heat water in a large pot over high heat. Cook pasta as directed.
- If using fresh broccoli, blanch in hot water 3 minutes and cool off with cold water. If using frozen florets, steam over medium-high heat until emerald green – about 12 minutes.
- Whisk together ginger, lemon juice, soy sauce and honey in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat oils in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes – cooking until garlic is fragrant – 1-2 minutes. Add peppers and cook another 2 minutes. Finally, add scallions and stir.
- Remove from heat. Add broccoli, noodles and sauce. Top with sesame seeds. Serve.