Wow. I have been busy. I have let almost a month slip by without adding new posts. My apologies. Today was a long day or driving to and from the cities. Carlos’ 29th birthday came and went and I have yet to make him his birthday dinner. I will have to make it up to him this weekend! Tonight’s dinner:
White Chicken Enchiladas
- 10 tortillas (we use LaTortilla Factory High Fiber Low Carb)
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (seasoned)
- 1 ¼ cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (2 cups if you like lots of sauce)
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapenos (add more if desired… we desired!)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9×13 pan
- Cook chicken on stove and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix chicken, onion and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Reduce heat. Stir in sour cream, yogurt, cayenne, paprika, crushed red pepper, jalapenos and chilies. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas and use a spatula to move the sauce between the enchiladas and around the edges of the pan. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes.