Even though I try to plan my meals for the week, I usually have a bag of frozen ravioli or tortellini in the freezer for a quick meal when we either are too tired to cook or have a late night at the gym. I kind of forgot about this recipe and how quick it is.
Easy Cheesy Tortellini Pesto
- 1 package frozen cheese tortellini (we use tri-colored HyVee Grand Selection)
- 1/3 jar pesto sauce (we use classico traditional basil pesto)
- 1/2 bag frozen peas
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 pound fresh shrimp (optional)
- Peel and remove tails from shrimp. Cook on stove top until pink.
- Cook tortellini according to package. (will take about 3 minutes after water is boiling)
- Heat frozen peas in microwave.
- After pasta is drained, add pesto, peas, tomatoes and shrimp. Mix.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese. And a little pepper if desired.
Didn’t I say this would be easy???
We didn’t add the shrimp this particular time, but the flavor is definitely worth trying.