I find that with 1 box of lasagna I can make 1 large pan and 1 small pan. Here is the recipe I created for tonight’s small pan of classic lasagna:
- 1 pound lean ground turkey (cooked)
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped and sauteed with meat once the meat is cooked
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4. teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup low fat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 jar classico red sauce of choice
- 1/3 box uncooked lasagna pasta
- Cook the meat until brown. Then add the onions. Saute 3 minutes. Add garlic and saute another 1 minute. Let cool.
- Mix cheeses, seasoning, salt and pepper, and cooled, meat mixture to cheese.
- Cook pasta according to package (will need 7-9 noodles as you will cut to fit pan).
- Layer sauce, pasta, cheese mixture, sauce, pasta, cheese mixture, sauce, pasta, sauce, extra mozzarella cheese with sprinkle of parmesan on top.
- Bake in preheated over for 30 minutes covered. Then 15 minutes uncovered. Cool and enjoy!