If you have ever been to Fitger’s in Duluth, you know what I’m talking about. These are so, so good! Since we don’t live in Duluth, we had to try and make these ourselves. They are a bit of work, but well worth it.
Ingredients: Wild rice, vegetable or chicken broth/stock, eggs, all-purpose seasoning, EVOO, sharp cheddar cheese, saltine crackers, wheat buns, garlic may (see recipe below), alfalfa sprouts, tomato, red onion.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons non-fat Greek yogurt (we use Fage)
- Dash chili powder
- Dash cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic plus a little juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix ingredients together in a bowl and stir.
- 2 potatoes, washed, skin left on (that’s where the nutrients are! AND less work for you!)
- 1 tablespoon EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut potatoes into “fries.”
- Toss potato pieces with salt, pepper and seasoning in a large bowl.
- Bake on cookie sheet for 40-45 minutes, turning periodically, until golden.