Lately, we have been really in to trying different kinds of grilled cheese sandwiches. This one was very tasty.
Loaded Baked Potato Grilled Cheese
Ingredients (per sandwich):
- 2 pieces whole wheat bread
- 2 sliced Canadian bacon, chopped and sauteed
- 1 small potato, boiled and mashed
- 1 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Garlic powder to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Canola oil or spray butter for cooking
- Salsa or light sour cream for garnish/dipping, if desired
- Boil or microwave potato (no need to peel skin, it’s good for you!) and mash.
- Saute Canadian bacon and add to mashed potato.
- Add chives, scallion, garlic powder, salt and pepper to potato mixture.
- Heat large sauce pan.
- Spread potato mixture on one slice of bread, top with shredded cheddar, and top with second slice of bread.
- Using cooking spray or butter, grill sandwich in sauce pan.
- Garnish as desired.