I really can’t get enough Margherita pizza. So, so good! I have an earlier post for a similar pizza, but this photo was too good not to post alone.
Margherita Pizza with Pesto
- 1 thin pizza crust (or make your own dough here)
- 3-4 tablespoons basil pesto (we use classico)
- 2-3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, ripped or cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup fresh mozzarella cheese (we use Bel Gioioso Pearls)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- If using a pizza stone and a pre-made crust, preheat stone for 15 minutes.
- Spread the pesto on crust, leaving about 1/4 to 1/2 inch around crust.
- Add diced tomatoes and fresh basil.
- Top evenly with mozzarella pearls
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.