Once in a while I enjoy french toast, waffles or pancakes. The next time you make either, try topping them with strawberry sauce or blueberry sauce. Both sauces are also delicious on ice cream, frozen yogurt or plain greek yogurt!
Sweet Strawberry Sauce
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions for cold sauce (Option 1):
- Top strawberries with sugar and refrigerate at least 24 hours.
- The sugar will draw out the juices in the fruit and make a sauce.
Directions for hot sauce (Option 2):
- Top strawberries with sugar and microwave for 1-1 1/2 minutes.
Directions without sugar (Option 3):
- Using frozen strawberries (no sugar added), microwave 2-3 minutes.
- Chop strawberries.
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Microwave about 2 minutes until warm and sauce is created.