Part of eating healthy, is allowing yourself to indulge once in a while. For New Year’s, we made these delicious Chocolate-Covered Oreo Truffles. They were very easy and very delicious. My friend Heidi actually makes these as well and I didn’t put it together until I started making them. She makes hers with white chocolate (which I really don’t like), so that may be why I over-looked it. Either way, get ready to WOW people with how pretty these look!
Chocolate-Covered Oreo Truffles
- 1 package Oreos
- 1 8 oz. package 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 12 oz. (2 packages) Baker’s Semi-Sweet baking chocolate
- Chop whole Oreos (including cream filling) in the food processor until finely crumbled, set aside 3 tablespoons.
- Mix cookie crumbs with cream cheese in a large bowl.
- Form mixture into 1-inch balls and place onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Place the rolled balls in the freezer for at least 15 minutes to chill.
- Unwrap the chocolate and in a small/medium glass bowl, melt in the microwave according to package directions.
- Using a toothpick to stab the semi-frozen ball, coat in chocolate and return to the lined cookie sheet. If needed, us a fork or a corn cob handle to help pull the toothpick out.
- Sprinkle some of the remaining crumbs on top of the (still wet) truffles. (Another option here is to sprinkle with hot cocoa mix for a lighter color.)
- Refrigerate for one hour.