I don’t usually cook with white pasta, but my father gave me this colander (we really needed a new one!) and the pasta came with it. I also do not like to throw out food, so we used it.
Farfalle with Oil and Seasonings
- 1 pound whole wheat farfalle pasta
- 1 bag frozen broccoli
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz. sautéed mushrooms
- ¼ cup EVOO (Extra-Virgin Olive Oil)
- Ground pepper and salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Boil water and cook pasta according to pasta directions.
- Sautee mushrooms until juices begin to evaporate.
- Microwave or steam broccoli until bright green and soft.
- Drain pasta and add olive oil, seasonings and vegetables. Add parmesan cheese and serve.