I’m really not sure why it took me so long to post this recipe and I giggle a little that I’m posting in it not during grilling season. Either way, these are my favorite items to eat off the grill. I must admit that I really know nothing about grilling. My brother Ilan helped me with the directions. The eggplant went so fast that I didn’t end of getting a photo of it. But trust me that it is just as delicious as the rest!
- Chicken Drumsticks
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic salt
- Onion powder
- Eggplant, leave skin on
- EVOO (Extra-Virgin Olive Oil)
- Fresh pineapple, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Wood skewers
- 3 Tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 pound fresh shrimp
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
Grilled Chicken Drumsticks
- Wash the chicken and lay out on a pan or plate.
- Sprinkle a moderate amount of salt, pepper, garlic salt, and onion powder on each side.
- When grilling keep your grill at a medium to medium-high heat and place the drumsticks directly over the coals.
- Only flip the chicken when it is crispy dark brown on the hot side, which should take about 5 – 7 minutes for each side.
- Make sure the chicken is thoroughly cooked, and flip again if needed, so overall cook time should be 15 – 20 minutes.
- Skewer the fresh shrimp (pushing skewer 2x through each shrimp) – about 4-5 per skewer.
- Baste lightly with lemon juice.
- Grill on high heat (about 2 – 3 minutes per side) until golden brown.
- Mix together soy sauce and honey.
- Skewer pineapple (about 5 per skewer) and baste with soy sauce and honey mixture.
- Place pineapple skewers on the grill and cook over high heat for 2 – 3 minutes per side.
- Only flip when browned on each side.
- Anything but high heat on the grill will take too long to cook, and dry out the pineapple.
- Slice the eggplant into half-inch wide portions and lay out over a pan or plate.
- Baste both sides of the eggplant slices with olive oil, and then sprinkle salt and pepper in moderate proportions.
- Place directly above high heat on the grill and cook for 2 – 3 minutes per side, or until browning begins.
- Remove from grill when ready and enjoy warm.