I saw this recipe pinned to Pinterest recently and since I always have these ingredients in the house, I figured this would be a great snack after completing my weekly grocery shopping. I’m looking forward to prepping my snacks for the week today, doing some laundry, and adding to my blog. I already hit up the gym this morning – dancing my heart out to Sh’Bam. Carlos is out playing Broomball on the lake – he is definitely an outdoorsy winter person. I am not. I also want to point out that I use Fage Greek yogurt over Chobani because I think it is creamier. I also find Fage at least $1 cheaper at Target than at our local grocery store.
Another option with this recipe is to add a little cream cheese and use cinnamon pita chips or something similar for a dip. Also delicious. With this, I added extra chocolate chips and butterscotch chips.
Cookie Dough Greek Yogurt
Recipe Modified from: The Suburban Girl Gone Country
- 1 small container or 6-8 oz. from a larger container of Fage or Chobani plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon natural nut butter (I used almond butter, but peanut butter is also a good option.)
- 1 teaspoon honey, pure maple syrup or agave nectar (I used honey.)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon toasted wheat germ (I think this is my favorite part! It adds an amazing texture.)
- 1 Tablespoon chocolate chips
- Mix yogurt, nut butter, honey, extract and wheat germ together. Top with chocolate chips.
- To spice it up, try butterscotch chips, raisins, pecans, or walnuts.