It is a beautiful day today with all the snow. It is such wet snow that it is sticking to the branches and wires and rooftops. It’s just so, so pretty. Here is a salad that I simply adore. It is very easy to make and so tasty. I am a huge cheese fan, but this salad is so good, you don’t even notice that there isn’t cheese in the recipe.
Mango, Avocado and Lime Salad
(slight variation from Ellie Krieger’s Recipe)
- Handful of greens (we used romaine, but there are many other choices)
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 mango, sliced
- 2 tablespoons red onion, sliced
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Salt and pepper
- Chop greens and rinse. (I usually do this earlier in the day or the night before so the greens have time to dry out – it is crispier this way.)
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze out the juice over the greens in a large bowl. Add salt and pepper and toss.
- Spoon the greens out on plates and top with mango, avocado, and red onion.