Since I started my new job at Winona State, I have been eating this every morning for breakfast. It definitely jump-starts my metabolism because I find myself hungry again around 9 a.m. (after eating breakfast at 7 a.m.)
- 1/4 cup steel-cut oats
- 1/4 cup milk, water or almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon pecans (or other nut)
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon raisins
- Place milk/water with oats in a bowl and place in fridge overnight.
- Heat it up for 1 minute (if you want).
- Add brown sugar (or to taste), pecans (or other nut), and raisins.
Some variations may include: cinnamon, maple syrup, almonds, craisins, blueberries….. the list is endless!