I believe I gave fair warning about my pizza kick right now. 🙂
Roasted Red Pepper Pizza with Red Onions and Feta Cheese
- 1 thin pizza crust
- 3-4 tablespoons red sauce
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 roasted red peppers, sliced
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped (or shallots)
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Preheat pizza stone for 15-20 minutes.
- Sauté onions until translucent – about 6 minutes.
- Spread sauce over pizza crust and add mozzarella cheese.
- Layer with peppers and sautéed onions.
- Top with feta cheese.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
Note: Roasted red peppers are available in the grocery store for about $4-$6 a jar. Ridiculous, right? Try your local dollar store. They sell the same produce for $1. Totally worth it! Or you can make your own – but it’s a little time consuming.