We have been making a lot of sandwiches lately due to various health issues and other things taking up a lot of our (my) time. Here is another keeper:
Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Sandwiches
- 1 jar roasted red peppers, sliced
- 2 tablespoons EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Ciabatta buns
- 4 oz. herbed goat cheese (or add Italian seasoning and “herb” it yourself)
- 8 to 10 large basil leaves
- Red onion, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the ciabatta buns in half and toast them.
- Spread goat cheese and garlic on toasted buns.
- Add peppers, onions and basil leaves.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.