It was such a perfect night to cook inside and eat outside. I came up with this recipe when I saw something similar on pinterest, but didn’t want to use an alfredo sauce. I remembered the ricotta, EVOO, and garlic mixture we had used on another pizza and then this one was born. Enjoy!
White Chicken Garlic Pizza
- 1 thin pizza crust (or make your own)
- 1 frozen chicken breast
- 2 Tablespoons EVOO (Extra-Virgin Olive Oil)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- Fresh thyme – 3-4 sprigs or 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Preheat the pizza stone for 15 minutes if using one.
- Cook the chicken breast according to package directions and cut into small pieces.
- Mix garlic and EVOO. Spread with a basting brush over the pizza crust.
- Spread a thin layer of ricotta cheese over garlic oil.
- Sprinkle thyme over cheese.
- Add diced red onion and chicken pieces.
- Add mozzarella cheese.
- Top with parmesan cheese.
- Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake pizza for 10-15 minutes.