Recently, I have been getting really into cooking a large batch of a salad-type meal on Sundays and eating it all week for lunch. Here is one of those creations. I saute a block of tofu with this salad and add on top in the meal-sized containers.
Asian Slaw Peanut Salad
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 package edemame (unshelled) optional
- 1 package coleslaw cabbage mix
- 1 package shredded carrots
- ½ cup crushed peanuts (or sesame seeds – optional)
- 2 scallions, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 8 oz. mushrooms (sauted – optional)
- 1 block extra-firm tofu, 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 1 tablespoon Tamari
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter (or Tahini)
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- ½ Tablespoon soy sauce
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- Combine top list of ingredients and set aside.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a food processor.
- Toss dressing with dry ingredients and serve.
Note: If too salty, add 1 teaspoon granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cider vinegar to offset saltiness.
Note: Can use 1/2 can coconut milk and add and extra tablespoon peanut butter.