This gluten-free diet isn’t too bad. I’m learning to like the gluten-free options I have and am trying new recipes. We leave tomorrow for Hayward, WI, to visit some friends. Enchiladas always allow enough food for the evening and the next day, so we will be able to eat something before leaving to drive the 3 hours north.
Gluten-Free Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 Tablespoon EVOO
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 6-8 oz. fresh spinach
- 1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 oz. (1 individual cup) plain Greek yogurt
- 2 oz. sour cream
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1-2 teaspoons sriracha (more if desired)
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup gluten-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 12 gluten-free corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese blend
- Preheat the oven to 415 degrees F.
- Heat the EVOO over medium heat.
- Saute the garlic and onion – about 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook until cooked.
- Add chilies, cumin, salt, pepper, yogurt, sour cream, cream cheese, salsa, sriracha, and chicken broth.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until all chunks have melted.
- Mix chicken, beans, 1 cup shredded cheese, and 1/2 sauce mixture in large bowl.
- Preheat tortillas in tortilla warmer (about 1-2 minutes).
- Fill tortillas with mixture and top with remaining sauce and 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.