We are trying yet another new recipe tonight. It’s definitely soup season and I’m excited to try all of these new soups I have saved for the last several months.
Creamy Roasted Hazelnut Soup with Crispy Sage
(Slightly modified from “What’s Cooking, Good Looking“)
- 1/2 cup roasted hazelnuts (+ topping)
- 1 Tablespoon EVOO
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 leek, chopped
- 2 bags frozen cauliflower florets (2 pounds/8 cups)
- salt and pepper
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1-2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 8-10 fresh sage leaves
- 1-2 Tablespoons peanut oil (for frying)
- Roast the hazelnuts: bake nuts at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Let cool and rub skin off by rubbing nuts between your hands.
- Microwave cauliflower in large glass dish – about 8 minutes – until thawed.
- Saute leek and garlic until fragrant – about 2 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook about 5 minutes while breaking up the cauliflower.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add hazelnuts and vinegar and blend with an immersion blender.
- Add additional salt, pepper or vinegar as needed to taste.
- Saute sage in peanut oil – about 2 minutes per side. Once fried, chop.
- Top with sage, extra hazelnuts (chopped), micro greens, green onions, or chives.