Yep! I said it. Allergen-Free and Gluten-Free bread…. and in a mug! I am on an elimination diet, so there is a very limited amount of food I can eat right now. I searched and searched for a recipe that I could use to make myself a little side of bread to dip in my french onion soup (since I can’t use the typical bread pieces or cheese). Well, when you can’t find one, you make one. At least that’s the attitude I have had to adopt over the last year or so.
Allergen/Gluten-Free Bread in a Mug!
- 1/3 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 “flax egg” (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted) or Extra-Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Grease a large mug with EVOO or Coconut oil.
- Make the “flax egg” in a small separate dish.
- Mix together all the ingredients with a fork.
- Add the “flax egg.”
- Using a spatula, place mixture in mug.
- Microwave for 90 seconds on high. (You may need to remove, flip the bread over in the mug and microwave an additional 20 seconds.)
- Let cool for a few minutes.
- Pop out of mug gently and slice.
I’d love to hear your thoughts on this recipe and if you have any tasty suggestions for additional flavors.