I really hate cooking in the morning. Like I really really dislike it. But I know that breakfast is such an important meal. What I have been doing recently is making an egg bake on Sunday and then eating it each morning for breakfast during the week. Below is a picture of what I initially tried to do: make individual serving sizes. This was a disaster. Not only was it difficult to clean up these muffin tins, but it was so much more time consuming. That is definitely not easy. So I have modified it since then to simply use a 9×13″ glass baking pan and cut into 6 or 8 pieces.
- 12-16 eggs
- 3 tomatoes – diced
- 3/4 cup full fat cottage cheese
- 1 bag frozen broccoli – steamed (or microwaved in safe bag)
- 1 package (8 oz.) mushrooms – sliced
- 1/2 package (2 tablespoons) chives – chopped
- About 10 oz. shredded cooked potatoes (hashbrowns – be sure nothing is added)
- 1/2 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Steam broccoli.
- Cook/thaw potatoes.
- Prep other veggies.
- Add all ingredients to large bowl.
- Grease 9×13″ pan with butter.
- Put mixture in greased pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool and cut into 6 or 8 pieces.