I think I surprised myself a bit with this one – because it is SO. DELICIOUS! You’re welcome!
- 1 whole butternut squash, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 medium onion, cut into large chunks
- 1 tablespoon EVOO (Extra-Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 20 leaves fresh sage, cleaned and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 8-12 oz. gluten-free pasta
- ¼ cup butter or dairy-free option
- ½ cup chicken/vegetable stock
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- Optional: add chicken or top with Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Coat squash and onions with EVOO, sprinkle with salt & pepper, spread evenly on cookie sheet.
- Roast squash and onions for 30 minutes, stirring at 15 minutes.
- Start boiling water for pasta – cook according to package directions.
- Make sauce: Melt butter in medium skillet over medium-low heat. While simmering, add sage and garlic. Sauté 2 minutes. Whisk in coconut milk, broth, and ½ teaspoon salt. Simmer 5 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Remove roasted vegetables and let cool 5 minutes.
- Reserving a ½ cup vegetables for garnish, puree remaining roasted vegetables and sauce using a food processor.
- Mix sauce and pasta in the sauce pan.
- Add garnish to individual plates and top with Parmesan cheese (if desired).