Who doesn’t love cookies? I definitely love my fair share of cookies, but I don’t love my fair share of sugar. I heard of this 3-ingredient peanut butter cookies and figured I’d give them a try, but I needed to make my own modifications to healthify. (Can we just pretend “healthify” is a word?) I looked at my available ingredients and considered the strict elimination diet I’m currently following. Here is what I ended up making… and they are pretty delicious if I don’t say so myself! I hope you also like them.
- 1 cup sunflower seed butter (Sunbutter or sunflower seed butter from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 cup protein powder (I used Vanilla Sunwarrior)
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg or 1 flax-egg
- coconut oil for greasing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare flax-egg if using.
- Grease baking sheets with coconut oil.
- Mix ingredients together.
- Spoon onto cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes.
Optional: add Enjoy Life chocolate pieces if desired.