It’s no secret that I haven’t written much on my blog in several months. To be honest, I have been struggling with some health issues and have been working closely with a dietitian (Dietitian Cassie) (as well as doctors) to try and find the cause. Needless to say, I have had other priorities than posting here. However, that does not mean I don’t miss writing, posting, and interacting with every single one of you who reads my blog. There are so many new things I want to share with you that I have learned in the last few months – but that will be a post in it’s own.
Today, I want to share with you a recipe I made this morning for my breakfast smoothie. As some of you know, I started an elimination diet last week (this means no nuts, no soy, no dairy, no eggs, no gluten). At first, this diet had me antsy and squirming – nervous that I wouldn’t be able to eat anything good: forcing me to gag down every meal for nutrients rather than enjoyment.
Good news: this is not true!
This smoothie recipe is so, so good! I’m totally making it again tomorrow.
Allergen-Free Apple Pie Smoothie
- 1/4 cup gluten-free steel-cut oats (soaked overnight in water)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (no added sugar)
- 1/2 cup canned unsweetened, full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 scoop Nutri-Dyn Ultimate Vegan vanilla protein powder
- Nutmeg (optional)
- Add enough water to cover the steel-cut oats and place in the fridge overnight.
- Add oats, applesauce, coconut milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract and protein powder to the blender.
- Top with nutmeg if desired.